This focused issue on “Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery” is edited by Dr. M Mahir OZMEN, Istinye University, Medical School, Department of Surgery, Istanbul, Turkey.
Professor Ozmen is currently the president of Turkish Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (TSMBS); Vice-President of Turkish Surgical Society(TSS); Vice-President of Turkish Association of Trauma and Emergency Surgery (TATES); General Secretary of Accreditation Council of Turkish Surgical Society, member of the Education & Training Committee of European Association for Endoscopic Surgery (EAES), Governor for Endoscopic Laparoscopic Surgeons of Asia (ELSA) and Councilor for International Association for Trauma and Surgical Critical Care (IATSIC).
He was awarded with FACS from American College of Surgeons, USA and FRCS from the Royal College of Surgeons and Physicians of Glasgow, UK. Additionally, he also has FEBS from UEMS-European Board of Surgery and FASMBS from American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
Focused issue outline:
- From the Editor
- Adipocyte, adipokines, GIS hormones and obesity
- Definitions and current indications for obesity and metabolic Surgery
- Patient Preparation for Bariatric-Metabolic Surgery
- ERAS in Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery
- Adjustable Gastric Banding and its modifications
- Sleeve Gastrectomy and its modifications
- R-Y Gastric Bypass and its modifications
- MGB and its modifications
- Single Anastomosis Duodenal Switch and its modifications
- Robotic Bariatric Surgery
- Metabolic Effects of surgery on T2 Diabetes
- Weight regain after surgery
- Bariatric surgery and concomitant ventral hernia
- Abstracts from the 3rd Turkish National Congress on Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery, 21st-24th November 2019, Antalya-Turkey